The acai bowl makes for a beautiful picture. I had spent months looking at photos of acai bowls before actually deciding to make my own. I have loved them in restaurants in the past, so I was very pleased to find out that they are extremely easy to make, and take very little time. You do need a strong blender or food processor though, as in order to keep the consistency thick, you won’t be adding liquid.
Açai bowls are extremely healthy. The açai berry contains tons of antioxidants, has immune healing benefits and provides you with tons of energy. Those are just a few of it’s benefits – the list goes on. This is the perfect healthy breakfast, as it is filling, easy to make and definitely starts your day on the right track. You can really top your açai bowl with anything. I chose a chia seed & buckwheat mix and fresh fruit, but anything goes.
If you decide to make this recipe, I’d love to see how it turns out! Please tag me in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter .
- 3 Frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons açai powder
- Fresh fruit for topping
- Chia seeds/buckwheat mix
- Peel and freeze bananas over night in an air tight container or bag
- Blend frozen bananas with açai powder
- Scoop into bowl
- Top with fresh fruit and seed mix
- Please keep in mind that in order to make this recipe fat free, only top your açai bowl with fresh fruit, exclude the seed mix.