What better way is there than to start Christmas morning than with some Bailey’s Peppermint Hot Chocolate? Lets be real, when Baileys came out with their dairy-free almond milk version, our entire lives changed. And if you haven’t heard of or tried this version yet, you seriously need to (if you’re legal drinking age, of course). Your life will change too. Waking up Christmas morning and sipping on some warm Baileys Hot Chocolate while you open presents with your loved ones is the most perfect way to share the moment together.
This recipe is so easy to make. You can whip it up right before you want to drink it, or the night before and store it in the fridge to reheat when you’re ready. I do, however, recommend passing on the quicker and possibly easier microwave method of reheating to opt for the more traditional method of reheating on the stove. You may also pour this hot chocolate over some ice for a nice cocktail on the rocks. Prefer it alcohol free or want to serve this to children? Just omit the Baileys and substitute the same amount of non dairy milk to get a decadent drink to enjoy anytime. The hint of peppermint adds a festive feel and topped with some crushed candy cane over melted marshmallows or non dairy whipped cream, you’ve got a drink that’s good to the very last drop.
Disclaimer: Although Baileys Almande is dairy-free, it is not vegan; it contains beeswax.
- 1&1/2 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life works great)
- 1/2 cup of Baileys Almande
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Dandies marshmallows - for garnish
- Candy Cane, crushed - for garnish
- In a medium sized pot, melt chocolate chips on medium, adding in non-dairy milk to avoid burning. Once all the milk has been added, stir often until chocolate chips have melted.
- Add Baileys Almande and peppermint extract, stir until mixed.
- Allow to come to a boil and remove from heat immediately.
- Pour into a mug, top with Dandies or vegan whipped cream, and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.