With summer coming to an end way too quickly, we thought we’d celebrate the last real weekend with a splash. Labour Day weekend is a time for friends and family to get together and take in the warm summer breeze one last time. Next thing you know, school is under way, work is piling on the workload and you’ll be wishing that you were back enjoying your summer.
This basil watermelon refresher is exactly what you need to say adios to the summer and hola to the fall! It is refreshing, easy to make and full of nutrients! It is great to serve in large quantities, so don’t worry about making enough for every guest at your Labour Day party. Just double the recipe and you’re good to go!
Although my recipe doesn’t include any alcohol, this recipe would go great with a splash of rum, if you’d like to spice it up.
If you decide to make this recipe, I’d love to see how it turns out! Please tag me in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter .
- 4 Cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 20 Vanilla stevia drops
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Lime
- 3-5 Large basil leaves
- 2 Cups of soda water
- Slice the basil leaves and muddle.
- Combine watermelon, water, vanilla and stevia drops and juice of one lime into a high speed blender and blend until the texture resembles slush.
- In each cup/mug, place separated muddled basil leaves.
- Pour watermelon mixture into approximately 1/2 (or slightly more) of the cup.
- Top the rest of the cup with soda water and stir.
- Enjoy right away!