This olive spelt bread is delicious! It’s taken me a long time to come up with a bread recipe that works flawlessly, but finally, here it is! I use a Cuisinart Convection Breadmaker (review of the bread machine will be posted soon) to make my bread and it’s really easy! This bread is firm but still moist, and not too thick. Unfortunately, I have gone through many loaves of bread before this one that have turned out like cake – but this one is just perfect. It is light and fluffy and holds together very well. I love it toasted with a little tahini over it (recipe here) and some fresh mint & tomatoes.
If you decide to make this recipe, I’d love to see how it turns out! Please tag me in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter .
- 1 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (You can also substitute 1 tbsp of oil for water if you'd like less oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast (I use gluten free yeast)
- 3 heaping tbsp sliced kalamata olives
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in the order instructed for that bread machine.
- Choose Rapid White cycle.
- Choose 1.5 pound loaf.
- Choose medium crust.
- My bread machine calls for the wet ingredients to go in first, then then flour and lastly the yeast.
- Mix in olives during mix in cycle.