The rice bowl is a classic dish. It’s so easy to make and so nutritious to eat. You can literally throw together numerous combinations of vegetables with rice (or quinoa!) and top it with so many different sauces – and it will always taste delicious!
I order rice bowls so frequently at restaurants and there’s no reason I can’t be making it at home for a fraction of the price. I, like most people, have all these ingredients sitting in my fridge or pantry anyways.
One of my favorite combinations is below, but you can really play around with this recipe. If you’d like tofu, add it! Guac also goes well. Sweet potato is another great addition. The combinations are endless…
Tahini sauce recipe can be found here.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 head of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella
- 1/2 zucchini - spiralized
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- Sunflower seeds to taste
- Tahini dressing (link to recipe found above)
- In a bowl, heat rice and place at the bottom.
- Top with lettuce, green onion, red pepper, carrot, Daiya cheese & zucchini.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
- Pour tahini dressing on top.