Fall is officially here and with that comes pumpkin spice everything. I won’t lie, it took me a while to jump on the pumpkin spice bandwagon, but now that I’m here, I’m not jumping off any time soon.
There are many ways to use pumpkin spice in all of our favourite foods. Fan favourites include pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice muffins, pumpkin pie and now pumpkin spice rice crispy squares.
Rice crispy squares are loved by many, so why not make them pumpkin spice to celebrate the best of the season?! They’re a wonderful lunch treat, a fun dessert at dinner parties and easy to pack for a day out on the town. Not to mention, Thanksgiving is creeping up – what a delicious treat to serve to your guests!These pumpkin spice rice crispy squares are shockingly easy to make. They require almost no preparation, there’s no need to bake them, there’s minimal clean up afterwards and they store well for quite a few days. The pumpkin spice is subtle, yet noticeable, allowing you to clearly taste the sweet, gooey marshmallows at the same time.
If you prefer to make the rice crispy squares without pumpkin spice, this recipe works perfectly as well. Just omit the pumpkin spice and follow all of the other directions.
As always, if you decide to make this recipe, we’d love to see how it turns out! Please tag us in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter.
- 3 1/2 tbsp vegan butter (I prefer Earth Balance)
- 1 package/10 oz of Dandies Vanilla Marshmallows or Dandies Pumpkin Marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice crisps
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie purée
- Use 1/2 tbsp of vegan butter to cover a 9x13 inch baking dish, to avoid sticking.
- Over medium heat, melt 3 tbsp butter in a medium sized frying pan.
- Once liquified, add in marshmallows, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in pumpkin pie purée until combined well.
- Stir in rice crispies and transfer to the baking dish.
- Firmly pat down the mixture into the dish, using parchment paper or silver paper, if needed.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!