Being the token vegan at most parties, I’ve become accustomed to saying “no thank you”. Superbowl parties, holiday parties, birthday parties – they’re all usually catered with meat platter after meat platter. Even the veggies are generally topped with cheesy dips or buttery spreads. Frequently, I’m forced to bring my own food, or I risk not being able to eat at all.
My goal, when bringing a dish to an event, is to create something so delicious that both vegans and non-vegans rant and rave about it afterward. Vegan food does not require a sacrifice in flavor and this recipe proves that through and through. This dip will reveal even the most obstinate meat eater’s surprise to learn there are no animal products used.
Let me introduce to you, the BEST Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
This spinach and artichoke dip is SO SO GOOD and it is perfect for any occasion- having friends over, Super Bowl parties, Christmas get togethers- you name it. It is ridiculously easy to prepare, taking only about 20 minutes to make. Whip it up last minute or refrigerate for a few days before your event, it doesn’t matter as this dip stores very well. You may enjoy it cold, or as I prefer and LOVE, fresh out of the pan. I’ve also reheated the dip in the microwave and it is just as delicious. You’ll have a hard time not gobbling up the entire batch at once.
I’d love to see how your version turns out! Please tag me in your photos and use #theveganjetsetter.
- 8 Artichoke hearts, canned in water
- 300 g Frozen Spinach
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 3/4 Block of Daiya Jack Style Wedge
- 1 Can of water chestnuts (227 ml)
- 1/2 Cup of Tofutti sour cream
- 1 Full container of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Finely mince the garlic and chop the water chestnuts into small pieces.
- Slice the artichoke hearts finely.
- Thaw the frozen spinach and drain it well. Slice spinach into smaller pieces, if required.
- Let the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and Daiya Jack Style Block warm to room temperature.
- In a medium sized pan, add the oil and simmer the garlic on medium until slightly transparent. Should only take a couple of minutes.
- Add the Better Than Cream Cheese, Daiya Jack Style Block, Tofutti Sour Cream, salt and cayenne pepper and continue to mix thoroughly until everything is melted and combined. If you prefer less spice, omit the cayenne or add less.
- Once everything has melted, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, and water chestnuts. Allow to simmer on medium for approximately 5 minutes, until all of the flavors have combined. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Serve right away while it's hot or allow to cool and serve at a later date!